How do I password protect a directory in my website?
Follow these instructions to password protect a directory:
- Log in to ASPWebHosting.com.au Control Panel @ http://copanel.yourdomain.com or http://copanel.ASPWebHosting.com.au
- Navigate to the "File Manager"
- Select the directory you desire to password protect from the Directory Tree
- Once you find the desired directory, click on the green lock sign.
- After that uncheck the "IWAM_" and "IUSR_" read and write permissions.
- then click on save.
You can access the protected directory using your main username and password.
If you want to allow users other than your main login to access the password protected directory, you can create the users using the FTP Manager.
Once the user is created, you can assign the user to the directory with Read and Write permission.
Was this answer helpful?
Directory browsing means that when you create a directory without an index file , people can just...
Follow these instructions to password protect a directory: Log in to ASPWebHosting Control...
If you would like to change the password for your main account, you will simply need to follow...
Login to Control Panel Under "Hosting Management" on right hand column, click "IIS Manager"...
Warning: The Virtual Directory tool is an advanced tool. Improper use of this tool can...