Cannot expand Databases in Management Studio
Management Studio Express 2008 to access my shared hosted SQL 2005 / 2008
Standard. I can login to my Db and run sql statements in management studio.
However when I try to expand the "Databases" in "Object Explorer" I get:
"The server principal "my_username" is not able to access the database
"someone_elses_DB" under the current security context. (Microsoft SQL
Server, Error: 916) ".
The published work-around is to remove the collation column from the details
1. Connect to MSSQL Management Studio
2. Press F7 to open Object Explorer Details window
3. On the right pane, click on 'Databases' folder as shown below
4. On the right pane, click on one of the column headings (eg. Name, Policy Health State, etc.)
5. Un-check 'Collation' as shown below
6. Press F5 to refresh, and you should see the databases listing
Was this answer helpful?
No. We do not support this type of database as this database is only meant for development...
This error indicates that Enterprise Manager or Query Analyzer cannot make a connection the...
Execute this command in Sql Query Analyzer exec sp_spaceused The database size is measured in...
If you already own a domain name and you wish to use that domain name with a hosting account on...